When you decide to add a Director to your CompanyApril 20, 2017
A2Z of Starting a Non Profit OrganizationApril 26, 2017
Post Incorporation Compliance for your Gaming Startup
Tax registration, IP protection, tax registration, contracts and Licenses
- Music License: You can use a free public domain or CC 3.0 licensed music from the web, however, most of the time it’s tough to find good music suitable for your game there. You would also need to buy a license for the sound effects that have been copyrighted.
- Employee Contract: You will need this for hiring any full or part-time employees. Employee Contract can determine the pay schedule, when the employee will receive pay, any paid holidays, paid sick days or paid vacation days, and other various things. It helps you and your employee understand what you are offering him or her.
- General Contract: It is somewhat similar but can be used for contract hires and freelancers who work for you.
- Confidentiality Agreement: It is for anyone working with you on your game. This one is important as it states that anything created for the game is owned by your company, and not the creator. This protects your company from your employees or your contract hires from stealing your intellectual property and claiming it is their own.
- User Agreement: It is also known as “software license” or “end user license agreement”. Through this, the user agrees to the privilege of using or purchasing your software and promise to comply with all the restrictions stated in the user agreement.
- All Rights Reserved: It tells that everything that is within your website or game/app is yours, you hold the right to use it, and unless otherwise stated people require your permission to use your stuff. It is for the purpose of protecting your stuff from theft and other claims on your stuff.
- Terms of Service: These are the rules you declare in order for someone to comment on your website, purchase a product from you or other services that you might offer. If someone were to break your rules, your Terms of Service would actually come into play and you can handle it accordingly.
- Unity License: You need to have any valid Unity license (either personal or pro) to submit your app. The license can be free one or a paid one, though pirated licenses will not work at all.
- Other Licenses: You also need to buy the license for the trademark stuff, like, if you want to use a specific car model in your car racing game you need to buy the license from the company, or if you want to buy a specific gun model it also requires a license.
- Adobe license: This one is important as you need Photoshop or illustrator license. You can use Creative Cloud as one of the most potential solutions.
- Autodesk license: Autodesk license for 3D Max and/or Maya should also be taken in order to create 3D content. One can buy a monthly subscription instead of the perpetual license.
- Tax Registration: Indirect tax registration and Direct tax registration is something that is applicable to all businesses in India.
- IP protection: It’s the endearing competitive touch that you can give to your product.
- Funding Compliance: Raising funds involves multiple legal compliances that not just investor wants, but also ou need to protect your relationship with investors.
We have been helping businesses like yours to get in touch with best lawyers and Accountants for years now, we would be glad to help you, let us know.